Keep the blood flowing to your feet.
• Put your feet up when sitting.
• Wiggle your toes and move your ankles up and down for 5 minutes, 2 or 3 times a day.
• Don’t cross your legs for long periods of time.
Wash your feet every day.
• Wash your feet in warm, not hot, water every day. Use a product to fight the germs that may cause problems.
• Dry your feet well. Be sure to dry between the toes
Keep the skin soft and smooth.
• Rub a thin coat of skin cream over the tops and bottoms of your feet, but not between your toes.
Trim your toenails each week or when needed.
• Trim your toenails straight across and file the edges with an emery board or nail file.